THE 345TH GOVERNING BODY SESSION
The International Labour Organization (ILO) had its 345th Governing Body (GB) session on the 13th of June 2022, in Geneva.
The agenda covered discussions that involved the Russia-Ukraine Conflict amongst others. Some of the critical issues discussed/agreed upon were as follows:
- The Russian Federation was urged to end its aggression toward Ukraine.
- GB Members at the 345th session requested the Director-General to prepare for the consideration of the relocation of ILO’s Decent Work Technical Support Team and Country Office for Eastern Europe and Central Asia during the 346th session. It is currently based in Moscow.
- The report of the Committee on Freedom of Association was adopted by the Governing Body.
- Claudia Fuentes-Julio, the Permanent Representative of Chile to the United Nations in Geneva, was elected as its new Chairperson and she will discharge this responsibility for 12 months.
- Renata Hornung-Draus, from Germany, was re-elected as Employers’ Vice-Chairperson of the GB and Catelene Passchier, from the Netherlands, was re-elected as Workers’ ViceChairperson.
For more information on the session visit the ILO website